Postgraduate research program is a type of preparation of scientific-pedagogical and scientific personnel of higher qualification.
Rules for admission
Only individuals with higher education who has a qualification of Specialist or Master may be admitted to postgraduate educational program on a competitive basis. Individuals, who, at the time of entry have at least two years of working experience after the end of the internship in the field of medicine, and whose speciality corresponds to scientific speciality of post-graduate education, or who have a qualification of Master in Medicine may be admitted to clinical departments.
Duration of education upon post-graduate program with day release comprises three years, without discontinuing work – four years.
Those who would like to be admitted to postgraduate research program shall submit the following documents addressed to the Rector of educational establishment:
- personnel record card;
- list of published scientific papers and inventions. Entrants who do not have published scientific papers and inventions shall submit scientific reports (abstracts) on chosen scientific specialization;
- medical certificate on health condition on form No. 086-у;
- copy of diploma and copy of academic record transcript (diploma supplement), certified at Personnel Department at the place of work (copies certified with the seal of Personnel Department);
- certificate on candidate examinations (if any).
- Passport and diploma on higher education shall be submitted personally.
Documents are usually submitted from June 01 to August 31.
Postgraduate research training is performed:
- on the basis of:
- State Budget of Ukraine – under the state order for further employment in the public sector of national economy;
- funds of legal entities and individuals – under the terms of the contract – for further work in public and non-governmental sectors of national economy;
- foreigners and stateless persons may obtain postgraduate education on the basis of:
- international agreements of Ukraine;
- nationwide programs;
- agreements concluded by higher education establishments and scientific institutions with legal entities and individuals.
In the case of identical grades of candidates, the priority for admission will have those entrants who have been recommended for admission to postgraduate program by the Academic Council of higher education establishment (faculty) and who have successfully completed the Master’s degree program and passed all or several candidate examinations.
The decision on permission to pass entrance exams to postgraduate research program is made by the Admission Board due to results of the interview, consideration of abstract and presented research papers as well as written conclusion of the prospective supervisor.
Applicants to postgraduate research program pass entrance exams in the specialty (in the volume of the training program for Specialist or Master degree, which corresponds to chosen academic specialty), in philosophy and one of foreign languages (English, German or French) in the volume provided by training program for higher education of IV level of accreditation, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science.